- Our process begins when we receive your completed order form and finalized guest address list.
- We work best with confirmed and finalized information so if you need more time to gather details, just let us know.
- After we review your order, we will send a receipt email to confirm all order details.
- Materials will be ordered and prepped immediately following confirmation.
OVERALL TURNAROUND TIMES
WEDDING INVITES – allow up/to 3 weeks
EVERYTHING ELSE – allow up/to 2 weeks
- The above timelines are suggested and not guaranteed.
- If you need a guaranteed completion date, we suggest placing a rush order.
- It’s a team effort! Yes, that’s right. In a hurry? Please respond to our emails on a daily basis if you would like to stay within our suggested timelines.
RUSH ORDER TIMELINE – 10 business days – GUARANTEED COMPLETION DATE
- If chosen, the price per each is increased by 25%.
- A completion date is guaranteed on before 10 business days of order confirmation/placement.
EMAILED PROOF PROCESS
- Three digital/emailed proofs are included in the process.
- During this time font, ink color and wording customizations will be worked out to match your chosen materials.
- Major changes to the overall layout of our designs are not permitted.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- Beacon Lane is not responsible for misspellings or incorrect wording once your final proof has been approved.
- Since wording and order details may change during the process, we suggest carefully checking over all details prior to giving us the go ahead for production. We suggest having family and friends proofread the final version for spelling and grammar.
- A detailed invoice will be provided prior to production.
- Once the final proof is approved and your invoice has been paid, all order details like wording, materials, and quantities are considered approved.
PROCESSING – PRODUCTION TIMES
REMINDER: ONCE YOUR FINAL PROOF IS CONFIRMED AND YOUR FINAL PAYMENT IS MADE, PLEASE ALLOW:
- Up to 7 business days for wedding invitations
- Up to 4 business days for everything else
- All completed orders ship UPS with a signature due at delivery to the shipping address provided.
- We suggest ordering at least 5 to 15 extra wedding invites during your initial order.
- The reprint fee is $50.00 for invites and $25.00 for envelope printing. The order minimum for reprinted invites is 10.
- If you’ve purchased a deposit and can no longer move forward with us, a refund may be granted within 10 days as long digital proofs have not been started.
STATE OF IL TAX
- State of IL residents will be charged IL sales tax of 7%.
INTERNATIONAL TAX & INTERNATIONAL CLIENTS
- We encourage you to consult your country’s tax policies before placing an order.
- Our shipping prices will not cover these taxes, brokerage fees or import fees.
- You can estimate your import duties and taxes using http://www.dutycalculator.com/.
- AUSTRALIA | Shipments to the same address under 1,000 AUD are duty/tax free.
- CANADA | You must pay the 5% GST on items you import into Canada by mail. Note: People in New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador or Nova Scotia pay 13%.
- EUROPEAN UNION | If your order value is less than € 22, you will not be charged any additional costs. If your order value is between € 22 and € 150, the import VAT (7% or 19%) will apply. For orders greater than € 150 you will need to pay both VAT and customs duties.
- Since laws may change, the notes above are subject to change at any time and are just rough guidelines provided to assist you in the ordering process.
MAILING YOUR WEDDING INVITES
- Beacon Lane is not responsible for invites once in the hands of the U.S. or International postal services.
- All Beacon Lane envelopes, invites, materials and font styles have been approved for mailing by our local post office.
- We highly suggest that you order extra invites to account for lost, damaged or returned that may occur during the invite transit time when in the hands of the USPS.
- What to expect with the post office and your invites. Learn more here: https://about.usps.com/publications/pub100/pub100_078.htm
HAND CANCELING YOUR INVITES
- The U.S. Postal Service have machines that print bar codes on the envelopes, but hand-canceling (just marking each stamp – by a postal worker) keeps invitations neat and prevents damage that machines can cause.
- Talk to someone at your local post office about hand canceling if you want to learn more.
- Note: Our boxed invites are automatically hand canceled because of their size.
CUSTOMIZING YOUR PAPER GOODS
- Need help customizing your invites? Email us with your event colors and overall theme, and we will provide a few suggestions based off current trends or customizations that have worked well in the past.
- Would rather see additional materials in person? We would be happy to mail you swatches with the paper types used for printing, along with envelopes, backing papers, and belly bands in your desired color scheme. Let us know your event colors and we will mail out swatches USPS First Class Mail. Please note this may increase the overall turnaround time.